Wednesday, June 6, 2012

WHEN CHANGE COMES KNOCKING...

Sometimes I'm glad to be here in North Dakota. Though where we live has been referred to as a third world country and there are times where it might even be believable, I still feel there's a bit of charm to this state even if it's in the midst of great chaos as the 21st Century Gold Rush.

Then there are times where I feel the loneliness my daughters verbalize occasionally. It really is hard here. There are not very many women around, my best friends are Daryl and my girls. My interaction with those other than my own family are limited.

I still struggle with my health and am going through a lot where that's concerned. So the change in geographic location is not the only change happening around here. We are living in a temporary dwelling and preparing to relocate in August. We have yet to find a church home. Things are constantly changing at work. And my health is so up and down I don't know whether I'm going to physically be UP or DOWN. I hope I am not coming across as a whiner here. That's really not the purpose I am sharing all this with you. The real reason is because I CHOSE this time in my life. I AGREED to it. WHY would I do something so crazy? Leave behind a wonderful church family, a great job, a beautiful home, dear friends, and move out to the middle of literally NOWHERE????

Because...

God called me to it...

and...

I did it for my husband.

For the past few years I have been praying for a change for him and God brought it. I had a choice - accept God's will for our lives or fight it. I preferred not to fight with God, so I accepted.

Times are tough and I do feel down sometimes. I miss so many people, I miss having a nice house that fits all of our belongings in it. I don't like the idea of moving without my friends around to help. But mostly, I miss having the support of my sisters-in-Christ. Those women who lifted me up in prayer, in word and in deed. Those women who showed up on my doorstep when I couldn't get off the couch and cleaned my house. Those who provided us with meals when we needed them most. Those who checked in when it was just Sara and I and Daryl was in North Dakota and Kenzi and Bailey were in Arizona.

But in the midst of this desert journey, I'm seeing God working in the lives of my husband and daughters in ways I would never have thought possible.

I am seeing a God who provides, lovingly disciplines, and gently draws us to Him. Even though we may feel we're not in the "perfect" place, we're all together and prayers are being answered every day!

So rather than wade in a pool of self-pity, I have chosen to immerse myself in His love and peace and might even "dive head long into a slough" of His grace. (Okay, so you have to live here to understand that last imagery. There are sloughs - little "lakes" all over here and some look inviting while others are just plain nasty. Jokes really are not funny if you have to explain them huh?! Maybe I'll leave those to my daughters.)

Anyway, when change comes knocking, don't run the other way...embrace it! God moves in mysterious ways, we may never fully understand but, He does have a plan and He longs to bless you! You never know what blessings await on the other side (or in another state and country!) 

Go ahead...DIVE IN!

No comments:

Post a Comment