Sunday, January 29, 2012

MORE THAN CONQUERERS!

I'm sitting in North Dakota in Grandma's family room listening to the steady breathing of she and my husband as they take their Sunday afternoon naps. It's quiet here. Just the breathing and the ticking of the grandfather clock to keep me company. Alone with my thoughts I am drawn back to my last two days of devotions. They have been intense calls not only to worship but to action.

I have long desired to write, to create devotional books that would form desires in the readers hearts to know more, not about me, about Him. I have thought that I would like my writing style to maybe match the format and style of Beth Moore - for many years my inspiration. Yet as I am reading through Come Away My Beloved, I am feeling more and more compelled to write as Frances J. Roberts wrote. Her words a soothing balm to the Christian warriors war torn life, she pulls you to the feet of Jesus where you bask in His sweet gentle embrace. What a precious gift she has, how wonderful that she should glorify God so fully with it. This is my desire, to be able to not only draw someone in but lead them fully and completely into His presence.

Let me just share a few lines from the most recent devotions I've been reading...

As I have been reading the section entitled "Learn to Reign" which I believe should have been three different devotionals, the first of which I would have entitled, "More than Conquerers" - it's from this section that I will be quoting but first you'll need a little background. This part of the devotional is talking about our battle against Satan. It is noted that as soldiers going into battle we would not enter without preparation, ample ammunition, and intensive training. God does not expect us to meet our adversary ill-equipped or unarmed, but He does not want us to think it's some sort of magic either. She reminds us, from Jesus' perspective that "He is not out to torment. He is out to destroy, not to hurt you, but to crush you. Your strength is no match for him. You must learn how to lay claim to the throne of God. I have met him and won already as I hung on the cross. Now YOU must find the way of victory yourselves...do not cry out to Me in the hour of crisis and distress as though I would extend some miracle in answer to prayer. Of course I do answer prayer and I can perform miracles and bring deliverance, but if I do this, I have only rescued one of My own out of trouble while you have won no victory at all!"

I had never thought about the battles or struggles we face as being training grounds for victories in Christ. I haven't realized the extent to which God will go in order to provide the training we need. I am, however, grateful for His faithfulness to me and that He will NOT just leave me hanging in these instances.

I want to be MORE than just a conquerer though. I want to leave a footprint. I realize I'm no more than a player and not even a "headliner" in this thing we call life. My impact in this world will be small to be sure, but I also want it to be MIGHTY. Can I accomplish this? Is this even remotely possible? Well, the path I am currently on will provide some answers sometime down the road. Until then I shall remember that my strength, which is severely lacking at this time in my life, is not what I should be living on. I must seek Him, living in His strength for I have not the strength to even get up most mornings let alone walk this road of moving to North Dakota, dealing with Fibromyalgia and the possibility of Autoimmune Hepatitis or Sjogren's Syndrome or both. God is mighty to save, He is my Rock, my Redeemer, my Fortress, my Strength!

No comments:

Post a Comment