Friday, May 11, 2012

You Can't Pray Enough

You know, sometimes I feel like the Lord gives me a "kick in the pants" to get me back on track with my prayer life. I get busy...we all get busy right? And sometimes I just don't have the energy to get out of bed early and spend time with the Lord. OUCH! Did I just type that out loud?!?!  Unfortunately, this thought has crossed my mind on more than one occasion and it's not a good thing to leave unchecked, that's for sure!

So, recently I was very irritated with my husband. I thought he was overly cranky and that he would just come home from work, plop down in front of his double screen computer corner and spend the remainder of the evening surfing the web for the truck or mac of his dreams. What irritated me most was that I thought he was just feeding discontentment into his life when we are trying hard to settle in here in North Dakota and then become debt free because God has blessed us both with such good paying jobs. About the time when I was ready to blurt out how displeased I was with his actions the Lord threw a road block in my way. I can't even remember what it was but somehow He kept me from saying something completely out of turn and I SOOOOO appreciate His intervention.

Basically the Lord brought me to my knees in prayer for my man. I was so distressed by my hearts response to the whole situation that I could only cry out for God's forgiveness and mercy. I texted my best friend and asked her for prayer as well. The next morning I was up and praying again. Then the most amazing thing happened...

Everything changed. Daryl and I had a full-blown conversation for almost 2 hours!!! Something we haven't had "TIME" for. I never knew God would answer prayer SO quickly! I was so thankful!

God, you have been so good to me. Thank you!

Next time you're frazzled and frustrated - STOP...DROP...PRAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment