Tuesday, April 24, 2012

As Fast As You'll Let Me

I've been working hard. A lot harder than I anticipated upon arriving in North Dakota. I'm now back-pedaling trying to slow things down a bit so that my body can catch up with things. I may be feeling better but somehow my poor body isn't keeping up. This can be frustrating but it does remind me of how God has to put up with us and our "pace".
He is deity, we are sinful man.
He is all-knowing, we...haven't got a clue.

I'm sure there are moments where He looks over my life and shakes His head at my stubbornness and stiff necked ways! And other times He chuckles because I "just don't get it!" I am however extremely grateful that He doesn't give up on me. That He persists and teaches me His precepts in a variety of ways until I finally get it. The sad part is that sometimes I get it and then I forget it. What is wrong with me? Why do I force God to have to teach me things over and over again?

Lord, I am truly thankful you don't get frustrated with me the way I get frustrated with my body and how slowly it responds. I pray that someday I will learn to respond more quickly, efficiently and with confidence in You!


No comments:

Post a Comment