Friday, February 10, 2012

FEELING GROOVY!

It's been about 3 weeks since I started Savella my new Fibromyalgia meds. Beginning this regimen has been the best thing since sliced bread. (no...really!)

The pain from Fibro is manageable, I can think again, I don't have to spend periods of time sitting in my little corner anymore and I feel as though the world is clear again.

On the heels of this diagnosis and new maintenance plan came the diagnosis of a severe Vitamin D deficiency. I started taking a strong dosage of Vit D last week. Within 24 hours I was a new woman! I started to have energy, going up and down the stairs no longer wiped me out. I still have moments where I break out in a sweat and have to stop in my tracks but they're fewer and far between. Not only is the world clear but my head seems to be too. And there are times I actually forget that I have pain...what a blessing!

So after three years of thinking "maybe it is all in my head" and remembering "no it's very real" and watching doctors scratch their heads and ER nurses thinking I'm crazy...I now know that I can feel "normal" again. However redefined it may be it's no longer looking like it has to be a tremendous overhaul of lifestyle to obtain. I will say that my maintenance plan includes several facets not just the drugs or supplements. Having explored many avenues - it's finally looking like I've found the sunny side of the street!

No comments:

Post a Comment